Thursday, February 19, 2009

Romantic Living


I have always been a romantic at heart. For a time, I gave up on my romantic ideals and femininity but have recently been seeking ways in which to live a romantic-inspired life. Then I remembered the little jewel of a book I have in my bookcase:

The Art of Romantic Living: Simple Touches to Enhance Everyday Life by Susan Wales

This book shows you how to use what you have to make romantic living a way of life. There are ideas on...
~Plant a romantic garden.
~Make your home a loving haven.
~ Setting the mood for romance.
~Fill your home with intoxicating fragrances.
~Choose fabrics, linens, and clothing to enhance the aura of romance.
~ Romance your sweetheart with thoughts, words, and deeds.

Most women long for more romance. How much better it is to create a romantic atmosphere that nurtures our souls rather than expecting our husbands to sweep us off our feet. Let's face it, romantic gestures do not come easily to most men. But I believe they will appreciate our romantic ideals and in time grow more comfortable in expressing their love.

"Love is a fruit in season at all times." ~ Mother Teresa, A Gift for God

8 comments:

Raggedy Girl said...

I don't know about your home but your blog is very romantic.

Roberta Anne

Tracy said...

Thank you, Roberta Anne!

My home has potential but is far from my ideal at the moment. :)

Melissa Lester said...

That sounds like a wonderful book for inspiring the romance we all need. So many of my magazines inspire me to add the extra special touches that ooze love and loveliness.

Lady Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
I try to add little touches to our home and life that speaks of romance. Of course there are those days that speak anything but!
I will have to check out this book!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Penelope said...

What a lovely post:) I like that idea...I feel inspired to put out the candlesticks for tonight's dinner and play some soft music now as I do my chores...why not make the home atmosphere lovelier and more romantic?

Tracy said...

Melissa, I love reading Romantic Country, Romantic Homes and old issues of Victoria.

Laurie, share your tips please! I'm always looking for lovely ideas.

Penelope, candles and soft music sound heavenly. :)

Genie Sea said...

This is great advice for those of us without sweethearts too :)

Tracy said...

Genie - exactly! You just may attract a sweetheart though. ;)