Thursday, February 12, 2009

On the Farm

A couple weeks ago we went down to The Powell's farm to watch them feed the cows.

Here's the girls sitting on Red, the horse.


I love horses. They are such beautiful creatures.


Red again...


A few of the cows...


Here the cows are chasing the truck because they know it's feeding time!


They have the sweetest eyes...the brown one's name is Dumbo.

Mr. Powell gave us a couple of gourds to hang up in the yard. The starlings love to make their nest in them and they are good mosquito eaters, which we desperately need since we live along a creek.

We enjoyed seeing the animals close up and talking to Mr. Powell. It was a very good day.

2 comments:

Raggedy Girl said...

I love the cows ears. I never knew they were that big but I don't think I have ever been this close to a cow.
Roberta Anne

Genie Sea said...

Sounds absolutely idyllic! :)