Saturday, February 28, 2009

Love Comes Softly


I've been enjoying the day watching the Love Comes Softly series on Hallmark channel while tidying the house, folding laundry, and tending to Kenzie who is sick. I've read many of Janette Oke's books and watching the movies today makes me want to go back and re-read them. I believe, out of all of her novels, the Canadian West series is my favorite...but that's just me. :)

We had grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. We don't normally have sandwiches for dinner, but with Alfred away, Kendall at work, and Kenzie being sick, there was no need to cook a big meal.

Mama and my youngest sister, Taylor, will be here Monday night. They are moving down from Iowa and will be staying with us for a while. My sister, Chelsea, will be down at the end of March. So we will have a full house, but it will be nice to have family around while Alfred is away. He will return March 24th.

We had rain today and I was so thankful to have gotten my grocery shopping out of the way early this morning! My freezer and pantry are becoming well-stocked once again. I was able to stock up on spices (77 cents each) and shampoo/conditioner (88 cents each) at CVS last night and get rain-checks for three items that were on sale but were out of stock. I also got a free mouthwash and a few other odds and ends.

Well, I have rambled on far too long, so I will close for now. Wishing you a restful Sunday...

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

How do you do your CVS shopping? I can't seem to find any sales at all at mine and their prices are outrageous! And I guess I don't understand how their card works because that hasn't helped with savings either. I'm either doing something wrong or they have different sales and pricing at their different stores.

Tracy said...

Check out Money Saving Mom blog.

http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/2008/03/cvs-101.html

Crystal explains how to shop and save at CVS. Hope this helps!

sarah said...

I am sorry to read Kenzie is sick. I hope she feels better soon and that it doesnt spread to you all.

It's wonderful that you have family coming :-) A full house is such a delightful thing! March 24th isn't so far away - although it probably feels like aaaaaaages to you :-)