Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just Chit Chat


After a glorious weekend together, Alfred is now back in Georgia to finish out his Army training. It will be five more weeks before we will be reunited once again. Thankfully, we are able to talk several times each day by phone so he doesn't feel quite so far away. Amazingly, while he was here I didn't have the first panic attack while away from home.

Last week, we enjoyed Spring-like weather and now it's cold. Frost glistened from the roof tops and the grass sparkled like a diamond carpet. Nevertheless, I saw five big, fat robins in the yard yesterday, so while it may be cold yet a little while longer, I know that Spring is on her way.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm so glad you were able to have that time with your Alfred. May you be filled with peace until you're together again.

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Hello. I just saw a comment by you, over on the dear 'A Little Grace and Charm' blog. And popped over here, and I'm so happy I did. Have only had the chance to look at a few things here... But already, I see kindred spirit things. :-)

You appreciate Stephenie's book 'Twilight.' You love your old copies of the original 'Victoria' magazine. Your blog is soft and pretty and uncluttered looking. And... you are married to one of our modern day Warriors. Thanks to him and to you, for his service. Because not only the Warrior serves, his family does too.

Yes, kindred spirit things... :-)

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia
"The hardest thing to learn in life
is which bridge to cross and which to burn."
~David Russell

Raggedy Girl said...

I think Spring is coming too and I have to say since I have not got my snow yet that I am a little sad about the whole thing.

Tuesday Tidings from Roberta Anne

sarah said...

You remind me so much of a lovely tea rose, so delicate and beautiful and seemingly full of dreams. I hope the next five weeks speed past so your love is back with you, and I hope also his training brings him wonderful things for the future.

No panic attack! It's great news :-)

Holly Loves Art said...

Our Coral tree is already starting to sprout some bright red flowers... a perfect sign of Spring. I love this photo of Marilyn. Have a lovely day.