Friday, February 27, 2009

Homeschool Books


My girls love hands on activities and projects. Kenzie especially, given she is very spirited and is a girl with high energy. She just goes and goes and goes, but once you get her still she's out like a light. So I thought I'd share a few books that we have on our bookshelves/or have purchased recently to use that make learning fun and interesting.

Science Fun at Home - more than 100 science experiments to try at home {Kenzie is big into science right now}

Right in Your Own Backyard: Nature Math

How to Draw Fairies and Mermaids

Childcraft: About Me {1964}

Childcraft: I Was Wondering {1991}

The Mary Frances Housekeeper: Adventures Among the Doll People by Jane Eayre Fryer

1 comment:

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Even though I'm a 'Nana' now... And certainly not doing home schooling... Some of those books look lovely to me, even. :-) "How to Draw Faieries and Mermaids"! The Jane Eayre Fryer books! :-)

Aunt Amelia
"It seems a long time since the morning mail could be called correspondence." ~Jacques Barzun