Saturday, February 21, 2009

The early morning hours are my favorite part of the day. All is quiet as nature slowly wakes up from her sweet slumber and it is at this time when I can think the clearest. Before long, the children will awaken and I will be swept up in the care and keeping of my family and hearth.

{photo: Linda Burgess at Allposters}

I am itching to get out in the yard and work in my garden and soak up the sunshine, but it is not time just yet. I must be patient for a little while longer. Patience is not my strong suit. It is a lesson I am constantly having to relearn.

In the meantime, I am content to work indoors deep-cleaning and prettying things up until the Spring warmth tempts and teases me to come out and play. Of course, by the time mid-summer rolls around, I'll be longing for cooler Autumnal breezes. What's a girl to do?

1 comment:

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

"...by the time mid-summer rolls around, I'll be longing for cooler Autumnal breezes. What's a girl to do?"

What to do? :-) Just accept that we all do this. And that's it's simply human, to do so. :-)

Aunt Amelia
"Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings."
~Jane Austen