Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Swirling Creativity

Creativity is swirling around within these four walls. As I have made my writing a priority, I am seeing glimpses of creativity and passion in my children as well.

Kenzie has always been a mover and a shaker. She likes to do things, explore, run. She's adventurous, wild at heart, and carefree. And now she has declared her passion is painting and she will be a painter when she grows up. She will have her art to show her children and grandchildren. "Sure it's messy, but it's fun!" she says.


Right now as I write she is happily painting, humming sweet little songs to herself.
She's found her bliss...



8 comments:

Genie Sea said...

YAY for Kenzie, the Powerhouse! YAY for her awesome MOM who inspires too! :) Lovely plates. :)

sarah p said...

What beautiful artwork from a beautiful girl :-) It's lovely to see creative passion in children. And I'm so pleased you've made your writing a priority.

miss*R said...

wonderful! to encourage your daughter is awesome. xox

Raggedy Girl said...

How wonderful that Kenzie found something she loves to do and what a good mom you are to let her do "messy" things.
Roberta Anne

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Well good for Kenzie and for you with your book writing, you two should be so proud of yourselves for setting a goal and sticking to it, I can't wait for the book to come out (; Good luck!
Hugs~Kelly

The Muse said...

we find it everywhere...that inspiration..but it is never more pure..than in a child!

Sacred Suzie said...

I love that creative energy is swirling about your home and Kenzie sounds like a rockin' cool gal! Someone I would have loved to have known when I was a young girl. I'm glad she choose painter, what a cool choice for a career. You must be such a proud Mom.

8)(8 said...

I like the colors she used and design in the second one. It is intriguing. And she looks so pretty on the swing.