Monday, January 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ January 26th Edition

FOR TODAY January 26, 2009...
Outside my window... it looks to be a dreary day with gray skies and a bit of fog. The squirrels are scampering about searching for food and nuts they hid during the warm months. The bird feeder is full with feathered patrons gathered 'round.

I am thinking...about how much I'll miss Alfred when he leaves for two months of Army training!

I am thankful for... the gift of a brand new day.

From the learning rooms... living books, painting shows, Van Gogh, poetry, math, algebra, nature, spelling words

From the kitchen... sloppy joes for dinner and an apple pie.

I am wearing... jeans, white tee, and a red cardigan sweater.

I am creating... space in which to breathe.

I am going... to karate practices this evening.

I am reading... the Bible, Simple Abundance, 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women

I am hoping... to get a new dryer this week!

I am hearing... classical music - String Quintet No. 21 by George Onslow

Around the house... I am still in the process of decluttering and simplifying which is coming along quite nicely.

One of my favorite things... quiet morning times.

A few plans for the rest of the week: visit the farm down the road if the weather is nice, Karate practices, help Alfred get ready for his trip, schedule the girls' haircuts...

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Please visit Peggy's blog to participate or to read other Daybooks.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

sarah said...

I haven't done one of these in so long. Your days sound lovely. Especially the apple pie!

Raggedy Girl said...

I really love these and have to add it to my blog TO Do list.....oh no!!! Now I have another list.
Have a great Monday
Roberta Anne

Genie Sea said...

Oh! I like your list! I might borrow your prompts! :)

MrsFranklin said...

Tracy,
I've been reading your blog for months and I love it. And not just because we share the same first name spelled the same way!

Your blog is very inspiring and creative. You've got a new dedicated reader!