Monday, January 05, 2009

Prettying Up My Kitchen

Saturday while Alfred was gone, I focused my attention on prettying up my kitchen. It's not perfect by any means....there are many things I still want to do in the area of home improvement, but it's neat, clean, and organized. :)

This is where my counter starts...coffee central. I don't drink coffee, but I make it for Alfred. I love the little John Deere tractor tin that holds the sugar/creamer. It has a cute country scene on it. I'd like to find cute glass containers to gold the creamer/sugar. I'll have to keep my eyes open at the thrift shops.

This picture is rather dark, but this is my sink and the view out of the window. I have a wind-chime hanging in the window. Once Alfred re-installs my curtain rod, I'll hang my country cottage curtains.

Trying to get better lighting, but it didn't work too well...

Here I added the little rack above the stove to hold my most used spices/salt & pepper shakers. The crock pot is out because I was cooking a roast. See the cow & pig pot holders hanging on the wall? That was my very first cross-stitch project about 12 years ago! I still think they are cute. :)

This is the end of my island. My silverware currently is in cups made by my children when Alfred was in Iraq. They didn't look very organized in the drawer. The cups are a temporary solution until I can find something better. However, I do like the fact that they are easily accessible...

This is my microwave cabinet made to look cutesy with faux flowers, candles, and a cat cookie jar.

And finally, the kitchen table with various candles and a country cottage house. Please pay no attention to the wrinkled table cloth! We usually don't use one as the kids usually spill something on them or the cats decide to table surf...

Thanks for visiting my kitchen!

6 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

I love how clean and organized everything looks. It looks like a wonderful place to spend time cooking for your family. You're welcome to come and declutter here when you finish your place LOL

Miss. Mavee said...

I love the look of your kitchen - it's very tranquil and cozy!

Revee

Raggedy Girl said...

Tracy:
I love your kitchen. It looks full of love and very homey. I love your counters, what a beautiful color. I got a oil cloth table cover at Wal mart so we could have one but not have daily washing duty. It is a Christmas plaid and since my kitchen is Christmas colors it looks nice all year long. I like the silver ware cups, very convenient.
Roberta Anne

sarah p said...

So very pretty. I love the tablecloth.

~~Deby said...

LOVE the look and all the pictures...and just feel like joining you for a cuppa...tea--coffee, I am not picky...just lovely....and so cozy.
Deby

8)(8 said...

I like your table and chairs it is very inviting.