Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Best Cookies Ever


Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1.5 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cups walnuts (optional)

Directions:
Preheat over to 350 degrees

In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light & fluffy.

Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.

Mix in chocolate chips & walnuts.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven, or just until set.

Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

*My family has now declared these cookies their favorites!*

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Pink Panthere said...

MMMMMMM, TASTY!

Sandcastle Momma said...

Those really look good! We're trying to diet here but aren't having any luck. Maybe I'll make some of these and then we'll start our diet the next week LOL

Sacred Suzie said...

Divine! Oh Tracy, these looks wonderful. I really love chocolate chip cookies with cocoa in them, that additional bitter chocolate flavour takes it over the edge. I have a mocha cookie recipe that is very similar. I will have to try these out. Do you mind me reviewing them?

Caroline said...

I wish I lived on Star Trek and I could beam those cookies up to me :)

sarah p said...

Any recipe that has chocolate in the name twice must be a good one!

The Muse said...

well now i must deliver this to someone who will bake and will share..
where is my beloved husband ? LOL

Frugal Trenches said...

They look soooo yummy! They would go very well with the cup of tea I have in my hand right now!
Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!

Wanda said...

The cookies look lushious, but I am intrigued by your previous post. I think many of us a frustrated artist,not just for painting but in all fields of endevor. I think that putting that to work in our homes is one of the best expressions of our yearning, because it can make our home more beautiful, livable and eaiser for us to have the enthusiasm to maintain. TTFN

Paula said...

Dear Tracy,
I love the new look of your blog. It is so very pretty!!! Thank you for sharing this delicious cookie recipe. I will have to make those for my husband and son, they would love them!

Love and blessings,
Paula

Raggedy Girl said...

Oh, yummo!! What could possibly go better with chocolate than more chocolate?
Roberta Anne

Tori said...

Suzie is right, this recipe does seem simple! These cookies look delicious. Cocoa powder is going on the shopping list so I can make these soon, I don't think anyone in my family would object to a chocolatey cookie. =)

peppylady said...

This recipe sound great I came over from Susie.
I copied and paste it in my recipe file.

Coffee is on.