Saturday, January 31, 2009

Goodbyes


The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Tomorrow Alfred is leaving for two months of Army training in Georgia. Neither of us like being apart, but we'll get to talk every night by phone. Today will be filled with last minute preparations - packing, haircut, and the like. I will make a special homemade dinner, lasagna with buttered dinner rolls.

I bought the cutest little Valentine card to slip into his bag as a surprise since he won't be here for Valentine's Day. He has some surprise he's been planning for the last month, but I won't get it until he comes home in March. I've tried bribing the kids for hints but they won't talk! :)

While Alfred is gone, I will be working on projects around my house ( decluttering and painting walls). Before too long (hopefully!) it will start warming up and I can begin working in my yard and garden. Bringing beauty to my home inside and out...

2 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Awww hugs!

"parting is such sweet sorrow, That I say goodnight, till it be morrow" (R&J, 2.2) :)

Your ending will be much happier :)

sarah said...

((hugs)) I don't know what else to say. Parting is hard.