Friday, January 23, 2009

From Chaos to an Oasis

Photo: Pottery Barn Kids

The decluttering process continues! I tackled the girls' room yesterday and what a mess it was. Three hours later, there were two garbage bags of junk disposed of and two dollhouses, one box of clothes, two unused book bags, three Easter baskets, and two bags of toys/dollhouse accessories that are heading to charity. Did I mention there was four loads of laundry that needed to be done?!!

I have a feeling there will be more decluttering to be done in the future - particularly with their clothes. But it feels so great to get rid of all this stuff. It's like a little more weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Now their room is a peaceful oasis where they can play, create, and have the sweetest dreams as they sleep.
***
* I will post about Secret #3 from 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women later today when I have more time!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

It does feel as if a weight is lifted to get rid of so much stuff. I am in the same process.

Sandcastle Momma said...

It's amazing how much clutter can accumulate in kid's rooms. No matter how many trash bags come out there's always more to get rid of. I know the girls will be happy to have such a clean, calm space!

God's Princess said...

Hi Tracy!

Yes, it's the best feeling in the world isn't it... when you de-clutter and get everything organized!

M xx

Raggedy Girl said...

I love cleaning things out, tossing stuff out and making nice in my home that I even enjoy reading about you doing it. Doesn't it just make you feel so good.
Roberta Anne

Genie Sea said...

Decluttering is hard work, but MAN is it satisfying! :)

Sacred Suzie said...

Think of how much less laundry you will have to do when you let go of all those clothes?! You are a decluttering hero! Look at you attacking all that stuff. Amazing work Tracy!

8)(8 said...

I did that about a month ago with my daughter's room: for 1 child we got rid about half that much. ;) Have we stumbled upon a theorm? It feels great to do that.

Lady Laurie said...

My kids are the biggest pack rats. At times I wonder if they know where the trash can is, or what it's used for...
Outgrown clothes take up so much room, it is like a weight being lifted when you give that stuff away!