Wednesday, January 07, 2009

For Kendall


Sixteen years ago today, I held you in my arms for the first time. I counted your fingers and toes. I held you close and covered you in a million kisses. My baby.

Now here you are, taller than I. You are kind-hearted and fun. You bring laughter to our home with your sense of humor. You still share what's going on in your world with me. You are open to new ideas, to possibilities.

On this day, I wish for you that all your dreams will come true, for continued growth and learning, to maintain a sense of wonder about the world around you, abundance, wisdom, to live with passion, to be a seeker of joy, to find peace and contentment as you live a life of your own in this world.


Happy 16th Birthday, Kendall! We love you!

3 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

Happy Birthday to your son, darn kids ~ they just grow up too fast!

sarah p said...

Happy birthday to Kendall! And many hugs to his mother :-)

The Muse said...

...very nice sentiment! :)