Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cheesy Potato Soup


3 cups peeled, diced potatoes
2 cups water
3/4 cup diced celery
3/4 cup diced carrots
1 Tbsp. minced onion
2 tsp. dried parsley
2 cups milk
1 cup Velveeta, cubed

Put water in pot. Add potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, parsley; cook until tender. Add the milk & cheese.

Turn heat to low & simmer until cheese is well melted. Add salt & pepper to taste.

Serve with cornbread!

*For picky eaters - eliminate celery, carrots, onion, and parsley as shown in picture above. Still tastes fabulous!

7 comments:

Wanda said...

Hi Tracy, so nice of you to stop by, I so enjoy it when I get a visit.
Today I get to be the first to comment on your soup recipe, I love potato soup and I am going to give this one a try.But I can see I need a trip to the store first.
TTFN

Genie Sea said...

I would be the picky eater. For some reason I can't stand most vegetables cooked. I only eat them raw. LOL! But the rest sounds scrumptuous! Wish I had a bowl right now! :)

Monique said...

Hi, I just found your blog and I must say it looks very inviting and so does that soup. It looks so yummy !!
Have a magical day !!!

joan said...

Hi Tracy,

Sorry I've been MIA lately. Soemtimes things get crazy around here. Your soup sounds perfect on a cold winter's day. Hope you are enjoying the new year and have a good week!

The Muse said...

my husband Tomas (the chef~LOL) said to tell you NICE JOB ! LOL

miss*R said...

oh yum. we had cheese soup once when we were visiting Pennsylvania and it was one of the best things i have tasted. I will try this in winter time for sure!

Sacred Suzie said...

I have never had Velveeta but you're making me want to try, that looks so yummy Tracy!