Saturday, December 27, 2008

Weekend Ramblings

It's a blustery day here on the homestead. The sun has finally peeked out from behind the clouds, but rain is expected the next couple of days.

This morning on my drive home from the grocery store, I noticed the Robins have returned. Does that mean warm weather will soon return or are they simply confused by the weather...freezing one day, warm the next?

We've had deer within 15 feet of the house! We saw their tracks on Christmas day. The ground was soft due to recent rains, making the tracks easier to spot. I told Alfred I wanted to buy some apples and sweet potatoes to put out for them in hopes we can catch a glimpse of them.

Today I have a little cleaning to do. I also want to bake a double batch of chocolate chip cookies and then settle in to do a bit of cross-stitching. I have many unfinished projects laying about. I am thinking that as I complete them, I could package them up. They would make lovely gifts for Christmas next year.

Is it too early to be thinking of Christmas 2009? I don't believe so...especially when one has to be careful with her pennies. It is my hope to be better prepared next year. I have started a gift list for my children so I can pick things up as finances allow. And I plan to work on handmade gifts throughout the year.

For now I am off to eat breakfast and get started on my day. May you have an enjoyable weekend!

3 comments:

Raggedy Girl said...

Tracy:
I am on the same wave length. I worked on a craft project yesterday that has sat for way too long. I am also thinking that next year I am going to start a lot earlier and make better plans. If I put out apples and sweet potatoes will your deer coming and visit me too?
Roberta Anne

Bobbi said...

For Christmas one of my daughter's got me some yarn for my stash - so although I said I wouldn't knit again for a while, I'm working on 2 scarves for a friends 2 children. So I don't know if I've started Christmas 2009, or are just finishing 2008!

8)(8 said...

I think it is nice that you are already thinking and planning for next year. It is good to spread out the projects and purchases.