Friday, December 12, 2008

Real Learning, Real Life


How Can I Connect With My Children Today,
Expand Their Worlds,
Bring Joy into their Lives,
Nurture and Encourage What They Love to Do??
-Anne Ohman

This is one of my favorite quotes when it comes to learning and living joyfully with my children.

Just this week alone we have done a few science experiments, made a video, practice photography skills with a new Canon PowerShot A590, reading, writing, drawing, computer skills, watched shows on health and science, numerous discussions, measurements, played outdoors, started a blog, matched coupons to sale items at the grocery store, and today we are going to a Karate studio in town to see if it is something the kids would really like to pursue.

Of course, I'm sure there is plenty I'm leaving out, but this is what I could remember off the top of my head. It is obvious to me that learning never ends! And it can be fun, too! We don't have to succumb to dry, boring textbooks. We only have to be willing to get out of the way and let the kids try new things. Let them dabble and play. When we are having fun, in that moment, we are learning the most.

Joy + Making Connections = Learning

4 comments:

Jane said...

Tracy,

I so admire those that can educate their children from home. I've often thought of doing that for my son but thankfully we found a school that does it better than I ever could.

Happy weekend!
Jane

Bobbi said...

Sounds like you had fun while you learned!

sarah p said...

What a wonderful week, filled with the best kind of joyful learning.

~Crystal~ said...

This is beautiful...

Joy + Making Connections = Learning