Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Leisure and Luxury


It's been a gray, dreary day with rain early on. It is warm out and I've had the windows open all day to allow the fresh breeze to remove the stale air of a shut up home. Though it is warm out, my bones ache and after a busy couple of days, I decided to be sensible and take it easy today.

I did only the necessary home-caring duties at a leisurely pace. Then I took a luxurious nap. My bedroom was dark and cave-like thanks to the cloudy sky. I could hear the rain against the window panes and on the roof top. Nature's lullaby. Clover and Kitty decided to join me and together we drifted off in to a peaceful sleep.

All that's left for me to do is prepare a simple, hearty dinner and await my beloved's return home. And we shall watch the season finale of Biggest Loser, where I am quite sure I will cry yet again - as I seem to do often these days.

Such is the beautiful life of a Queen at home.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

We are such Queen's of our homes! Enjoy your hearty dinner and show :)

sarah p said...

Lovely picture, lovely post :-)

Raggedy Girl said...

Tracy:
What a wonderful way to spend your day. I need to schedule such a day myself. Cry all you want, it is such a wonderful girly trait. I believe in tears. And God keeps our in a bottle and that is so sweet.
Roberta Anne

Lady Laurie said...

The last few days have been very dreary and foggy.
Glad you were able to get some rest, that kind of weather gets to me too.

So nice to see the sun shining today, although it feels like Spring!!
Hugs))

~~Deby said...

We too watched the season Finale..and was so glad for the winner....and look forward to the next season...
Deby