Monday, December 08, 2008

How to Make Gravy


I have had a few requests for how I make gravy so here goes:

Add a little oil to your pan and brown your roast on both sides. Put the roast in the crock pot. Then with oil left in your pan, add a bit of flour and mix to make a roux. Add the roux to the crock pot. Add a bit of Kitchen Bouquet - that is what the gravy brown. I like to add a can of cream of mushroom soup because it makes the meat so tender it's falling apart and then add water and let it cook until dinner.

I like to serve my roast over a hoagie bun, but this would also be good with carrots and potatoes, too.

That's all there is to it, folks!

6 comments:

Bobbi said...

Yummy! I've never browned my roast before putting in the crock pot - I'll have to give that a try!

Sandcastle Momma said...

That sounds really tasty! I'm going to give it a try this week.
Thanks Tracy!

The Muse said...

Over a hoagie bun ? Well how about that, a truly unique idea, I mean it is bread, but I never thought of that ~ I guess I am not overly kitchen friendly...LOL but I must learn, so Thanks for a nice tip!! :) :)

Raggedy Girl said...

I love to make "crock". And your hoagie dish sounds yummy.
Roberta Anne

Sacred Suzie said...

OMG, that IS just like how my Mom makes it! I think it's the best gravy ever too and that looks so yummy. I made hot chicken sandwiches with homemade mushroom gravy last night and it was good but this is still so much better.

Jane said...

Wow that looks so good!!!