Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After Christmas


We had a nice, quiet Christmas here at home. The kids loved all of their gifts and said it was the best Christmas ever, which did my heart good because this Christmas was simple in many ways. We had Christmas dinner rather late at 3pm. We normally shoot for noon, but it was fine. We enjoyed the day, played and rested. In fact, I stayed in my pajamas all day!

Today, I am cleaning house. Alfred and Kendall are on their way to Tallahassee to pick up Alfred's son, Joel! We were able to spend one day with him back in July which was the first time we had seen him in 14 years. We didn't know where he was until March and now we talk to him weekly by phone. So we are excited about having him visit through January third.

The house work is calling my name, so I best get back to work! Hope you are having a wonderful day!!

5 comments:

sarah p said...

What a lovely, restful day. :-) How exciting for Alfred to reconnect with his son!! I hope it all goes well.

Susan in SC said...

I know Joel will love spending time with all of you too! Don't you just love simple Christmas'?

Susan in SC said...

I know Joel will love spending time with all of you too! Don't you just love simple Christmas'?

Penelope said...

It sounds like you have a really lovely day :)

Melissa Lester said...

Merry Christmas, and I hope the peace and love you experienced on Christmas day continue on into the new year!