Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!


Don't you love that song?

The high today was only 46 and that was before we woke up. It is rainy and the temperature is just going to drop as the day goes on. The girls are hoping for snow! Brrr....

We are having vegetable beef soup and grilled cheese tonight for dinner. Mama used to make that occasionally when we were kids...a simple meal on cold days. Alfred has been achy and running a fever each night once he's home, so I know he'll appreciate warm comfort fare.

Yesterday afternoon my shoulder started aching and burning, letting me know that the cold front was on the way. Arthritis, you know. Isn't that strange? For the longest time I didn't realize that's what it was.

Kenzie and I bought a few groceries from the market. We just finished up our lunch and the girls are playing with homemade slime/silly putty....messy, gooey fun! As for me, I am off to take a nap.

Stay warm and cozy!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Pouring down the rain here in Maryland too. Hope everyone is feeling okay. Alfred and you!

Sandcastle Momma said...

Aaahhh - a nice nap on a cold afternoon. Sounds like heaven!

Sacred Suzie said...

Cute picture and I guess the cold is finding everyone these days and getting into our bones. Perfect for soup and simple food. I must get out for groceries, it has warmed up here (summer-like winds outside, this place is crazy) and so I got to get food while I can.

~~Deby said...

brrrr....it's cold here too and it is making my fibro so much worse...but it does feel so Christmasy...so that's okay.
Deby