Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day


My husband is in the Army National Guard. He enlisted in March of 1998. He spent 14 months in Iraq - from early January 2004 through late February 2005. To this day, I can't bear to listen to patriotic songs without tears welling up.

Veteran's Day is more than just a holiday. It's a day to honor those who have served in the U.S. military...those who have sacrificed to keep America the Beautiful free and safe. Sadly, many have lost their lives in the process. And so, today, let us remember our troops.

4 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

We call is Remembrance Day here and it's important to us too. I'm so proud of the men and women who serve our countries.

Anonymous said...

My husband is a Retired Naval Reservist. He served 4 years active duty during Vietnam era and over 17 years in Reserves. My father was in the Army during WW2. My 4 uncles served in the Army during WW2 and one received the Bronze star. We are proud to honor the Veterans today!
Kathy in Illinois

Bobbi said...

I'm praying for you and your hubby! You make me proud to be an American (sorry that sounded like a country-western song).

I love your Veterans Day icon!

Natalie said...

Thank your husband for me please! And thank you too. It is not easy on the families of service memeber either. My father served in Vietnam in the Marine Corp and lost his leg while there. I have major love and respect for anyone in the service, past or present.