Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Survived...and Christmas


I got all my shopping/errands done and I'm feeling a tad better.

CVS OOP: $35.56
Coupons: $12.00
RC Savings: $12.97
ECBs Rec'd: $5.00

Winn-Dixie:
Subtotal: $171.03
RC Savings: $33.66
Coupons: $6.55
Total OOP: $128.13


I'm thinking towards the holidays, Christmas particularly. I ordered a few more gifts for the kids today. Christmas will be small this year, but they will love the gifts they will receive and I know they will get a lot of use.

With finances being tight, I plan to do a lot of Christmas baking for my family and to give as gifts and I am tickled pink that all of the baking goods are now on sale. I am stocking up a little each week. We (the kids are going to be helping) are going to be making banana bread, decorated sugar cookies, fudge, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal/raisin/chocolate chip cookies. I also want to make my homemade hot chocolate mix to give as well.

So this year, instead of bemoaning the fact that the economy stinks, I am choosing to be thankful for all we do have. I'm thankful that I am forced to think outside the box and be creative in my gift-giving and in spreading holiday cheer. I am thankful I can create a fun, festive holiday season for my family without breaking the bank.

I am choosing joy, peace, love, and magic this holiday season.
Won't you join me?

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I am already there with you! We will being a lot of homemade gifts this year as well as staying home for the holidays

Sandcastle Momma said...

I love the idea of baking gifts and plan on doing a lot of that this year myself. I found this website the other day and after reading your post I think you might like it.

http://www.heart4home.net/giftsinajar.htm

She has all kinds of gift ideas.

sarah p said...

I find this really encouraging and it makes me reconsider my plans for gifting.

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh what a beautiful post! I think there is nothing more wonderful than baked goods for Christmas Tracy and you are so amazing for thinking and preparing about it so far in advance.

I'm not one for Christmas, too much baggage in my past, but perhaps this year will be different when I have my new home to decorate and bake in? Thanks for the inspiration, as always.

Lady Laurie said...

Glad you are feeling a little better. I am with you ~ I love homemade gifts at Christmas. Family is what Christmas is all about!