Thursday, November 27, 2008

Dreams

The following is a true story...

After we ate Thanksgiving dinner, we took a nap and I began to dream.

Kayla and I were walking through the woods on a trail taking the back way home, when out of the corner of my eye I caught sight of a black bear. I did a double-take and screamed at Kayla to run. We both took off & the bear who had been sitting calmly watching us walk by began to chase us. I turned towards the bear, realizing I had two cans of Glade air freshener in my hands and sprayed one at a him. It spooked him and he turned to run.

Then I turned and looked up the mountainside and noticed two dingos who were barreling down the mountain, helping to drive the bear away from us. We continued on our way. (Never mind that dingos don't even live in the United States!)

I looked to my right and noticed four black panthers up in a tree. They were looking in our direction, but never chased us though. Finally we reached home and I was frantic trying to find the binoculars so I could get a closer look at the panthers. Alfred came in and I was telling what had happened when we began disputing whether or not we lived on a mountain. He said no. I said yes.

The sun was setting and by now you could only see the silhouette of the panthers and the tree they were in. I thought to myself that Alfred would never see them now. Then an egret flew by that tree and landed on the ground and was walking about.

Then I noticed the panthers. There were only two now and they jumped out of tree and were headed toward the egret. But as they attacked the egret I noticed they were now golden in color. The panthers had transformed into a male lion and a lion cub. I watched the attack in horror in front of the glass door, tears streaming down my face crying "no" as I slid down to the floor. A totally dramatic movie-like scene.....

And then I woke up. Now you tell me, do I have the weirdest dreams or what?

7 comments:

Tammy said...

It must have been something you ate! ;~D

8)(8 said...

I wonder what it means. Interesting.

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh the powers of tryptophan! That's what is in turkey that makes us tired. I take it in pill form before bed, LOL.

Do you think that all the animals have to do with your anxiety Tracy? That they symbolize your fears?

Susan in SC said...

Too much Thanksgiving food for you! You dream like I do sometimes!! Glad it was JUST a dream!

Caroline said...

Very interesting dream... Panthers are very magical...representing our feminine power and are ruled by the moon (I love panthers). The fact that the panthers turn into lions is interesting...lions represent masculine power. I find it interesting that it's the lions attacking the egret (and they are male). Think about power struggles in your life...are you giving away your feminine power?

Raggedy Girl said...

I am a new reader and that was quite the dream and I am assuming it was because of that turkey dinner. Your site is very nice and I enjoy visiting.

Roberta Anne

Sacred Suzie said...

I also wanted to add that perhaps you are afraid of things that you actually love? That would be good additions to your life but you're running away from them even though they aren't really threatening you. Does that make sense?