Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Cocoon


I have had a lot of thoughts swirling around in my head lately. Thoughts about life and love; my past, present, and future; fears, hopes, dreams and everything in between. I have had some heart-to-heart talks with Alfred, as I sort through my thoughts and that has been wonderful. There is a distinct change in the air...a shift in energy.

I feel it is now safe for me to explore, to resurrect the parts of me I have locked away. I have been so hard on myself for most of my life. Now is the time to be kind and gentle to me, as I am with others. As the dark closes in as Winter approaches, it is a season of rediscovery for me. Self-exploration, excavation...unearthing the real me.

I believe this Winter will be a turning point in my life, as I embrace the short, dark, cold days. It will be my time of transformation and I will emerge in the Spring like a butterfly emerges from its cocoon. Beautiful and victorious.

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." ~Maya Angelou

1 comment:

sarah p said...

I wish you all the best with this journey.