Saturday, November 08, 2008

Clutter Be Gone!


Inspired by Suzie's decluttering efforts, I spent a portion of my day purging items we no longer love or need and reorganizing. I feel a renewed sense of energy and like I can breathe. Oh, I have decluttered many times before, but there is always another layer to peel away, to let go of, and discard.

I learned a lesson earlier this week. Do not be afraid to ask questions. We have a pile of junk behind our shed....most was here when we moved onto this property. I found out that we can schedule a bulky pickup with our county for no extra cost...it is included in our garbage fees. I just have to call and schedule it. So first thing Monday I will call and set that up. Junk be gone!

On the agenda for the weekend - Alfred is gone, participating in a Veteran's Day parade. This afternoon, we have a birthday party to go to. I am hoping to do a little more work on the house in between. Tomorrow, Alfred and Kendall are going to play paintball. I'll probably take the girls to the park if the weather is nice and work on paper clutter.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Clutter and junk be gone! Very powerful indeed Tracy. It's so good to get rid of the stuff dragging us down.

Susan in SC said...

What a good deal to get the junk all gone and for no extra charge! Great job in decluttering!

Iris said...

I've been inspired to declutter and do some fall cleaning too. It feel's great, for a while anyways. LOL. take care