Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chit chat


We went this morning to pick up our first food order from Angel Food Ministries. We received a lot of food for only $30. I dare say you would pay much more at the grocery store for the same amount of food. My little freezer is now stuffed to the brim. While trying to fit everything in, a package of frozen meat slid out and hit me in the head. Ouch!

Alfred is on vacation now through the end of the month! He has a job interview with the police department here in town first thing Monday morning. This would be his dream career, so please pray/send good wishes that the interview goes well and it wouldn't be too bad of a pay cut.

I shaved $116 off our electricity bill in a month's time by reminding everyone to turn off lights and electric gadgets and keeping easily accessible items unplugged. We paid $268 this month, but next month's bill is only $152! I wonder if I can get it even lower?

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

sarah p said...

That's an amazing saving.

Best of luck to Alfred! I hope his dream comes true.

Sacred Suzie said...

Fantastic news all around Tracy! Except getting hit in the head, the bites. Or bonks!

I will be crossing my fingers for your husband and his dream job, how wonderful would that be?

Amazing how small things can make such a financial different and I just filled up my freezer too, feels wonderful doesn't it? Although I've had frozen pumpkin from my mother-in-law falling out and almost bruising my toes. Not so good.

Rhonda in OK said...

My parents do the Angel Food monthly and they really like it.

And best wishes for your hubby's job interview.

Natalie said...

What is Angel Food?
That is great savings on your power bill! We have been leaving our heat off until it gets later at night and then only setting it on 60 so we can keep our power bill down, and I just turned the water heater down too.

8)(8 said...

I hope it goes well for your spouse with the interview.

That is an amazing amount to save. We have them average our utility bill into 12 payments.

8)(8 said...

Wow that is some savings. Best wishes to your spouse.