Monday, November 17, 2008

Annie, get your gun!


All week long I had kept a secret. It was so hard to do because it was a surprise for the girls. We took them to Bass Pro Shop on Saturday to see Santa and have their picture made with him. They love going to that shop anyway, but there were free activities they could do at Santa's Wonderland.

My girls are quite the little snipers! Kenzie was shooting a cross-bow and was hitting the targets dead center. Two boys behind her said, "Whoa did you see that? She hit the bulls eye!" Yep, that's my baby.

If that wasn't enough, Alfred brought his paint ball gun home and let us girls take turn shooting it. I didn't do too shabby if I do say so myself. I tried to get the guys to run back & forth between the trees so I could shoot at them, but they were too scared I'd hit them. LOL

Late yesterday afternoon, we had to take my little brother home and we saw deer! One doe was trotting through a field headed for the wood line. Then on the way back home we saw three more in a valley. It was so picturesque. All I could say was "oh oh!!" They are so beautiful. Just look at those sweet eyes!!

And, no, we wouldn't shoot any deer...

8 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Bass Pro Shop is one of my favorite stores. Just looking at everything in there is fun.
Congrats to Kenzie - bows are hard to shoot!
Paintball sounds like so much fun. We've never done it but there is a place near us that has a course set up so we're going to try it soon.

My hubby hunts -but not deer. He hunts small game because he says that deer are just too magestic to kill. We like to shoot them with the camera LOL

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh I am so very grateful that the deer are OK! LOL. I was holding my breath on that one. I think and have read that women and girls are very good at aiming and shooting. I love that about us! I also like that we leave the lovely deer alone.

Caroline said...

Sounds like a great day! I saw deer crossing the road last weekend...that always makes me happy (as long as they stay safe) I just love deer.

Lady Laurie said...

I am with everyone else ~ I thought for a second you were shooting deer! Yikes ~ I know there are lots of hunters out there, but I am just not one of them!
Sounds like you all had some fun family time!

sarah p said...

Oh whew! I too was holding my breath about the deer, especially as I came across a picture of one that had been shot on my blogroll yesterday. What a shock!

Sounds like you've had heaps of fun :-)

Susan in SC said...

You had such a good time with your family! Way to go to all the girls of the family!!

Sandcastle Momma said...

I have something for you if you'd like to come by and pick it up.

8)(8 said...

Beautiful photo!