Monday, October 13, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...

Outside my Window...gusty winds and gray skies.

I am thinking...how thankful I am that Alfred is feeling much better and returned to work today.

From the learning rooms...learning about Christopher Columbus, math, spelling, writing, reading lots of good books including Phantom Stallion by Terri Farley and Elsie Dinsmore by Martha Finley.

I am thankful for...continuing to learn and grow in cooking and baking skills.

From the kitchen...homemade goodness!

I am wearing...blue jeans and a gray Marilyn Monroe tee.

I am reading...nothing currently - waiting on Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer.

I am hoping...we will be reimbursed for Alfred's doctor expenses.

I am creating...moments of absolute quiet during the day.

I am hearing...the wind blowing through the trees.

Around the house...Halloween decorating, putting together homemade costumes, laundry, yard work, meals, dishes, scrubbing, decluttering...

One of my favorite things...Cocoa-cola!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...menu planning, grocery shopping, school work, trip to the library....just plain old living.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Please visit Peggy's blog to read other Daybooks.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You must share exactly how you create those moments of absolute quiet during the day. They don't happen often around here and I certainly don't seem to have any control over it! :>)

Cassidy said...

Lovely picture thought.

I, too, am learning basic cooking. Growing up we always had dinner out or had frozen pizzas and the such.

Smiles, Cassidy

www.thankfulmommy.com