Monday, October 06, 2008

Nursemaid


I played nursemaid yesterday. Alfred was home. He had a flu shot this weekend - military requirement - and like every year, he gets sick. With plenty of rest and lots of TLC, he was feeling much better by the evening...

Well enough to play hide and seek in the dark with the kids in the house. He loves sneaking up on people and scaring the living daylights out of them. I, thankfully, missed out on all the fun as I was outside on the phone with my childhood friend, Paula.

In the mail, I received a book I won on GoodReads.com last week called "Diary of a Radical Mermaid" by Deborah Smith. How cool is that?

I'm off to get busy with my day. I have a lot of housework to catch up on after having Alfred home yesterday. I never get much done when he's home....I just go with the flow.

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

You can win books on Good Reads?! I had no idea. Congratulations! Let us know if you like the book, the sound of it intrigues me and she has written many books and a lot of them are at my library.

Hy hubby is going through a similar phase because of shots, it is so unfortunate they have to do that.

Pink Slippers said...

We have a SMALL cottage..One good place to hide is the bath tub. The kiddos never seem to look there. We like to play hide-n-seek here.
Wendy