Thursday, October 09, 2008

It's Always Something...


Alfred is home again today. Still hurting from his fall at work
yesterday. He called his boss to find out which doctor he should go to
& was told to go to his regular doctor and then get with the owner to
see about getting reimbursed because they have no workman's comp??!!!
He works at a Chrysler car dealership.

So we went to the chiropractor who did X-rays and adjusted his spine
which was severely out of alignment and a note from the chiropractor
saying he could not return to work until Monday -- after he comes back
to the chiro to get checked/adjusted again. Today's appointment cost
us $170. Monday's appt. will probably be $40.

The new work week started yesterday so he will miss out on practically
the whole week. I'm praying he will get paid for those days he missed
& reimbursed for these doctor appts. since he got hurt at work. And
I'm trying not to worry about the bills that still need to be paid for
the month...

3 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

I'm sorry to hear about this Tracy.
I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
My daughter had to go to the emergency room a few months ago and since she is no longer on our military issurance (Tricare) she has been making payments ever since. The bill was for over 500.00 for what amounted to just a few minutes spent with the doctor.

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh no Tracy! Oh the anxiety must be horrendous, I'm so sorry and I really hope he gets better quickly because that must be horribly painful.

If you want to do a Halloween collage, perhaps you can add an element that says good-bye to money issues and health problems?

Mrs. Staggs said...

Hi Tracy. They don't have workman's comp? I thought that was a requirement. I'm so sorry to read that you are experiencing so much to worry about, and I will be keeping you in my thoughts. I know it's hard sometimes. One year my husband had to take a 30 per cent pay cut to help keep the buisness he works for, afloat. One thing that I realized, is that I did become more creative as a result, and our family came through that time, closer than ever. Take care sweetie.