Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Homemade Pizza

(My first pizza dough made from scratch)

Ingredients for Pizza Dough:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
2 Tbsp. oil
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup warm water

Directions:
Combine flour, salt, sugar & yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil & warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Top as desired. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes on Baker's Secret pizza pan.



I added an 8 oz. can of tomato sauce....


Then topped it with Mozzerella cheese and pepperoni. I baked my pizza for 20 minutes.


Wa-laaa!

The pizza was delicious and didn't take long to make. Plus it was more filling than frozen or fast food pizza. My next venture will be making a stuffed crust pizza!

4 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

That pizza looks delicious! I have tried to make my own several times but my crust always comes out doughy and a little undercooked. I'm going to try again using your recipe and see how it goes. Store bought pizzas just don't taste very good and pizza delivery is SO expensive.

Maggie Ann said...

It looks delish but don't tempt me please....grin. I'm trying on a no sugar no flour (almost) way of eating for two months. Brave me, huh?

Lady Laurie said...

Hi Tracy!
We love our homemade pizza around here ~ I found this recipe on Frugal Upstate (a wonderful frugal blog) ~ its called Pizza Hut Crust Clone recipe. The recipe calls to make it in the breadmachine but I actually prefer to make it by hand. Here is the link if you are interested.

http://frugalupstate.blogspot.com/2008/09/pizza-hut-crust-clone-recipe.html

I am really hungry for pizza now and its only 8:30 in the morning!

~~Deby said...

oh does that look good....
Deby