Friday, October 24, 2008

Feeling the Blues


I have been in a funk; feeling out of sorts, drained, and uncreative. This week has seemed as if it would never end. Not that the week hasn't had it's good points. It has.

~ I finished Eclipse, the third book in the Twilight series, and have started the fourth, Breaking Dawn.

~ I found a pair of my favorite socks that I have never worn. How did that happen?

~ The kids had fun at their Halloween parties.

~ Last night the kids carved pumpkins and I roasted the pumpkin seeds....four and a half cups worth!

~ Alfred will finally be reimbursed today for his medical expenses from when he fell at work.

But even with all the good, I still have the blahs. Maybe it is the change in weather? It was rainy and dreary yesterday and the temperature started to drop. Cold weather is on its way.

How do you get your creativity back when you're feeling the blues?

6 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Tracy,

I'm at pretty much the same place as you these days. I have days filled with gratitude and blessings and yet, there is still a sense of blah.

I feel frustrated and sad because I can't seem to rekindle the creative spark inside. This is nothing new though. Over the years, my creativity goes through highs and lows. I don't have any good suggestions. What I do find helps a little is to keep writing my feelings and ideas down in a small journal every day and to also keep my eyes looking at magazines and books for some inspiration.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Caroline said...

Sometimes we have to just go with "it". I find that my blahs are usually hormone related! Just know that this will pass and tomorrow is a new day! (a nice warm bath can help and a good nap!)

patience said...

When I am in a blah place, I find my richest source of creativity by going deep into it. Forcing myself to be busy, to try being creative or cheerful, never helps. The blues are a message from your innermost heart, telling you something isn't quite right with your world or your soul at this moment, something is needful - and don't you agree that so often that message can be poetic, delicate, ephemeral? Go in. Sit with it, listen, wallow. You have something to tell yourself.

the pleasures of homemaking said...

I was pretty much feeling blah this week too. I made myself do a couple of really simple projects and that got my creative juices flowing.

Hope you feel better!

Manuela

Queen of the Armchair aka dzintrastitcheries said...

Maybe get out that Book of Wisdom (a fantastic idea) and start writing how you feel, how you are coping, what you might like to do, what you actually feel like doing. Maybe these little things might help. Blessings to you!

Sandcastle Momma said...

I've found that wandering around in blogland and looking at other people's ideas and creations really helps rekindle my own. Take a warm bath, grab a big handful of chocolate and then go see what others are doing, it may inspire you to create something of your own. But also don't put any pressure on yourself. Creativity comes and goes and yours will return in it's own time.

I've left something for you on my blog if you'd like to come and get it.