Friday, October 03, 2008

A Dreamer


I have been waking up a little after 5am all week just because Alfred wants me to. It is time we can spend together alone for all the kids are asleep & we need that time together. So today I made his coffee and made him instant oatmeal (apples & cinnamon) for breakfast. I'm not much of an early morning person, but it's a start! I had packed his lunch last night with dinner leftovers (taco salad).

It is my wish to pay off all our debt, build our savings, and turn my home into a peaceful haven that is beautiful, comfy, and cozy. I also want to become more self-sufficient - plant a vegetable and herb garden, buy a few chickens for fresh eggs, install a clothes line to dry my laundry, have a compost pile, and whatever else I can do to reduce our energy/water consumption and become less dependent on outside sources to meet our every day needs.

It won't be easy - but it will be more fulfilling. I know already that I will be considered odd because of my ideals and lifestyle, but this is MY life and I intend to live it as I see fit and have a good time of it, too! I want to be a wise steward with all of my resources and walk lighter upon the Earth. I am just one person, but even that can make an impact - probably far greater than we realize. Who knows who we will inspire as we live lives that mean something to us.

I borrowed a book from the library - Country Life: A Handbook for Realists and Dreamers by Paul Heiney. I am in the dreamer category right now. But this Autumn and Winter is the time to dream and plan for the coming Spring. To begin to learn about gardening, how to use herbs in my cooking and home remedies, create a Garden Journal, and sketch out my garden plans. It is also the time to cook, bake, stitch, celebrate the holidays with my family, and create a cozy nest for myself and my family.

I am looking forward to these colder months. There is so much to do!

5 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I don't think that's a weird dream plan at all! It sounds perfect to me. Living close to the earth, off her power...what could be better?

I think that's beautiful you and your husband are spending more time together early in the morning. Me? I'm kind of a zombie then too but still, it's a beautiful thing.

April@Crafty*Nesty*Thrifty said...

I too have been working on becoming more self sufficient. It is so rewarding to develop and use the wisdom God gave to all of us. I am going to see if my libary has the book you mentioned, make some tea and start planning a small veg/herb garden, love your blog!

Bobbi said...

Country Life: A Handbook for Realists and Dreamers by Paul Heiney is a wonderful book. I've check it out of my public library so many times!

Iris said...

Hello,
It's nice to meet you. I love your blog. It looks like a nice place to get away. take care, Iris

Power Up Love said...

To often people forget how to dream. Nice, to meet a dreamer.