Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cold


It feels like Winter this morning here on the homestead. With an overnight temperature in the mid-30s, we had no choice but to turn on the heat (to a low 68 degrees). The wind is blowing 15-20mph out of the North which only makes it feel colder. And this winter is supposed to be worse than last year's, according to Old Farmer's Almanac.

Though I am not fond of cold weather, I am determined to make the best of it; to appreciate what this season has to offer. When cold weather arrives, it is my cue to rest; to hunker down within my cozy nest to read, write, craft, bake, and dream.

This is the season to slow down and ponder the path I am traveling. I reflect upon the year so far and look to the future - to what I wish to change and accomplish in the coming months. It is also a time of holiday celebrations and family gatherings. It is the time to create cozy memories and childhood magic for my children.

It is the time to look within.

"I prefer winter and fall,when you feel the bone structure of the landscape - the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn't show."
Andrew Wyeth

4 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

I love your new look! Very pretty!
It's cold here too and supposed to be really cold tonight. I don't care for the cold much either but it is wonderful to sit inside on a cold evening and cross stitch!

sarah p said...

I love that quote. Winter is my favourite season, although I don't like too much cold.

joan said...

Oh I love your blog's new look, so pretty. It is cold here in Cincy today. I woke up and seen my hubby had the heat at 63, no wonder I was feezing. LOL

Caroline said...

I love to hibernate in winter and re-charge my batteries. I love the photo..it really sets the mood!