Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Baking Day


It's rainy and dreary yet again today, and I am in the mood to bake some scrumptious goodies. I will be attempting to bake cinnamon raisin bread for the first time and chocolate chip muffins. A nice big pot of chicken and dumplings will be served for dinner. Perfect comfort foods for an Autumn day.

I always get cold when it is rainy outdoors and also when the temperature drops below 70 degrees. I'm definitely not a cold weather girl. That's why I enjoy Spring and Autumn most...because the weather is more moderate and comfortable. But there is also things I enjoy in the Summer and Winter months, too. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Wishing you a happy day of homemaking!

5 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

I am sure your bread will turn out delicious ~ raisin is one of my favorites.
Have fun baking!

Sacred Suzie said...

One of my favourite days...baking day! I hope the food turned out as scrumptious as it sounds when you write about it.

The cold is working its way into my bones too, I don't like that one bit! I'm trying to make peace with the coming winter but it's just getting too cold too fast.

Jane said...

Just found you through Sacred Suzie and I'm glad I did.

I love your blog. Today's post was great. I love to bake and cook for my family. These days, I find it important to simplify our lives. We just moved in to a new place and the freezer is TINY. I was perplexed at first and then realized that most things that go in to a freezer are processed and prepared foods that aren't so healthy for us anyway. I like the challenge of making more healthy things from scratch now.

Mrs. Staggs said...

Tracy, your writing has been wonderful to read today, and catching up on your posts, has left me feeling more peaceful, and centered in myself. Thank you.

I think this time of year is my favorite. I really enjoy the cooler days, and they make me feel more like turning the oven on too. I love cinnamon raisin bread, and cinnamon walnut is good too!

Caroline said...

Can I come over for dinner? Chicken and dumplings sound so good! Enjoy your day of baking...it sounds comforting.