Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Abundance


With all the doom and gloom on the news about the economic crisis, I got to thinking about how to create a feeling of abundance and joy in my home rather than focusing on lack and fear. Here are a few of my ideas:

~ Use all my lotions and potions instead of saving them or before buying more.

~ Set a pretty, bountiful table for dinner.

~ Eat by candlelight and use your pretty dishes.

~ Have a weekly spa night to give yourself mani/pedicure and a facial.

~ Bake lots of goodies for husband and children.

~ Organize a potluck dinner with family and/or friends.

~ Prepare hearty meals from scratch that are tasty and frugal.

~ Play music while I work.

~ Finish all the projects I started but have yet to finish.

~ Check out books, magazines, and videos from the library.

~ Simmer old herbs and spices on the stove to make homemade potpourri.

~ Take time to do hair & makeup and don a cute outfit.

~ Have an afternoon "tea" time with my children with hot cocoa and a snack.

~ Experiment with hair and makeup.

~ Light scented candles.

~ Save all change in a jar.

~ Look at my wardrobe with fresh eyes to create new outfits.

~ Continue with my daily gratitude list.

"When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears."
Anthony Robbins

How do you create a feeling of abundance and joy in your daily round?

4 comments:

Jane said...

Oh wow, do I love this post!!! I practice quite a few things on your list as well. It seems the crazier the outside world gets, the cozier I try to make my living space. I always try to have a pretty table set for dinner and I make sure we all eat together for that meal. Lately, I've been baking up a storm; how can one be in a bad mood when the smell of warm apple pie is baking?

I think I'll forever have tons of unfinished projects.

I like the idea to take the time to make ourselves feel pretty. I think the men in our lives appreciate that too :))

sarah p said...

This is such a great idea - focussing on abundance rather than simplicity, but without spending a lot of money. I like it alot.

Queen of the Armchair aka dzintrastitcheries said...

I find gratitude fits in with my daily life, just writing 5 things a day in a journal helps. Like Sarah Ban Breathnach says ...gratitude gives way to simplicity, simplicity brings with it order, a sense of order brings us harmony ... harmony provides us with the inner peace we need to appreciate the beauty that surrounds us each day, and beauty opens us to joy ...

MrsFranklin said...

I really enjoy your blog,I visit quite regularly! This list is WONDERFUL! I love it. The ideas are so easy yet so beneficial and just whats needed.

Thanks for the wonderful tips!