Monday, September 22, 2008

Welcoming Autumn

It's the first day of Autumn. Time for soups, stews, and chili; baking breads, cakes, and cookies; scented candles; pumpkins; hot cocoa with marshmallows; and enjoying the refreshing chill in the air after Summer's scorching heat and humidity. It's a wonderful time of year!

The Old Farmer's Almanac predicts a much colder winter for us this year. Brrrr...I'm not very fond of the cold, but I want to appreciate each season fully for what it brings into our life. The colder weather will mean more time indoors reading, stitching, baking, watching movies. The dark, cold nights draw the family together.

3 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh no! Are you serious? I could barely handle last winter? I'm not going to freak out.

Blessed autumn to you!

Lady Laurie said...

Now I don't feel silly putting out my fall decorations ~ the weather is even getting a tad cooler.
Happy Autumn!

Heather said...

I'll keep reminding myself about all those pleasant indoor activities. Winter. Cold winter. Sigh.