Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Tide is Turning


Last night we rented a couple movies to watch and then went to Sonic for dinner and I did not have a panic attack! I am so excited because it symbolizes that the tide is turning and I am one step closer to resuming my normal activities without fear.

This morning I watched a squirrel carrying a baby squirrel in its mouth, running across the yard. I've never seen that before and was awestruck. Nature is so fascinating. I am forever learning/observing something new.

Today while Alfred weed eats the yard, I plan to weed my flower beds. They are in very sad shape. It's been so hot out and when it hasn't been hot it's rained, so the beds have been neglected. I also need to cut down my sunflowers that have withered in the heat.

In a recent conversation, Kendall said the money I had spent on the sunflowers was a waste because they were now dead. I shared with him that I had only spent a dollar or two for the seed packet in the Spring and it was fun to check on them each day to see how much they had grown (at least 7 feet tall). Then we watched them bloom most of the summer. By that time the birds were enjoying the seeds and I love to bird-watch.

So for a dollar or two, I feel I got my money's worth. I plan to plant a whole lot more next Spring!! And I want to create a Garden Journal (I forgot to do that this year until it was too late) so I'll know when and where I planted my flowers and plants. I have all of Autumn and Winter to plan, dream, and create...

4 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

That is such wonderful news Tracy!!
I am so very happy for you.

I love to plant flowers, and the enjoyment you get from them and the pollen they provide for the bees is by no means a waste of money. But I know how teenage boys like to get under your skin now and then!!

Me said...

Last summer I watched a momma squirrel move her babies from a tree in our backyard neighbors backyard to a spruce tree in our front yard. That night we had a violent storm and the next day I watched her move them all back.

Sunflowers are definitely not a waste of money. I agree with you.

Sacred Suzie said...

What a relief it is to make a big step like that, way to go Tracy! And you got to enjoy a night out with good food, that rocks.

Nothing will attract birds more than sunflower seeds. They go crazy for them so plant away!

Heather said...

I'm so glad you did this!! You have more strength then you think.

A garden journal sounds wonderful. I think you'll be busy this Winter with all your dreaming and planning!