Monday, September 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...

Outside my Window...
hummingbirds at the hummingbird feeder.

I am thinking...of autumn and winter preparations that need to be done in the coming weeks.

From the learning rooms...lots of reading, writing, math, baking, conversation, and playing outdoors while the weather is nice.

I am thankful for...my new tart warmer.

From the kitchen...spice cake with vanilla frosting made by Kayla.

I am wearing...creme-colored capris, turquoise blue, red and creme multi-colored top, dangly turquoise earrings and brown leather sandals

I am reading...the latest issue of Today's Christian Woman

I am hoping...that Kayla is over her illness.

I am creating...wonderful home-cooked meals.

I am hearing...music, laughter, and cats running through the house.

Around the house...making sure lights & electronics are turned off to help reduce the electricity bill.

One of my favorite things...curling up with a good book.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...menu planning, grocery shopping, going over our finances with Alfred, and watching a few dvds from the library.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Please visit Peggy's blog to read other Daybooks or add your own.

1 comment:

the pleasures of homemaking said...

That's just lovely! How nice to take the time to really reflect on those things!

Manuela