Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ramblings


It is a beautiful day filled with sunshine here. There is no hint of Autumn in my part of the woods yet, but I know it will arrive soon. I saw another hummingbird yesterday flitting around a cedar tree. I am going to make up a batch of sugar syrup and hang up my hummingbird feeder in hopes of luring more of them into the yard.

I am not one to talk on the phone very much, but I talked to my best friend since Kindergarten last night. Gosh, Paula and I have been friends for 30 years now! The weird thing is she started having panic attacks the same time I did. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go to my sister's to watch my niece while she takes her fiance to the hospital for an outpatient procedure. So if I can make it there & back without a panic attack, I'll know that I am well on my way to recovery.

I was talking to Mama yesterday, telling her about Twilight (I know, I'm obsessed!:). It turns out my youngest sister had just finished reading it on the same day I did and she loved it just as much! It will be ages before I get my hands on the Twilight sequels. I'm 6th on the list for the second book, 11th on the list for the third book, and 21st on the list for the fourth book!! Oh well, I have plenty of books to read to keep me busy until then...

Well I have rambled on long enough. It is time for me to get to work here. Hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I really hope that tomorrow goes well and you get no attacks. Do you do mantras? I find they help me a lot when I am in panic mode. That happens to me at night when I can't sleep sometimes. Saying one calming word over and over helps.

Aren't you lucky to have a friend that has known you that long! Amazing!

Nova Scotia is undecided about autumn. Lately it's been warm and sunny after all that leftover hurricane rain.

Sandcastle Momma said...

Good luck tomorrow. I know you can do it and I'll be rooting for you!

My daughter loved the Twighlight series and I've heard so many good things about it that I'm going to try and start reading them this weekend.