Wednesday, September 03, 2008

No Excuses


I stepped on the scale for the first time in a while and nearly fell out from shock. Yes, it is time that I got back to my work-outs! My weight is slowly, but surely inching upwards and I don't like it. I don't like the way my body looks with these extra pounds. I want muscles!!

Alfred, bless his heart, says I look fine the way I am....even though he is lying! I am thankful he loves me just the way I am. But I am not doing this for him. I am doing it for me. Because I deserve to be healthy and happy with my body. I am worth it.

So, I will slowly start easing back into my work-outs.

Today.

No excuses.

4 comments:

Sacred Suzie said...

I love dancer pose! Do you do yoga Tracy? That has been infinitely helpful in my spiritual and physical development, I must get back to it too.

I envy you and your quest for muscles! Enjoy getting stronger and more in your body.

Lady Laurie said...

I think getting motivated is always the hardest part!
I try to think like the Nike commercial, "just do it."
I would love to try yoga too, but sometimes just looking at those poses makes me hurt!

Tracy said...

Laurie, I use a beginners yoga dvd by Leslie Sansone. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone-You-Can-Yoga/dp/B0001DHSCE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1220455389&sr=8-1

Hope this helps!

enchantedartist said...

Hi There!

I'm popping in from Suzie's blog...This post is resounding loud and clear. I too, have noticed a few extra pounds sneaking on my body over the summer. I am normally a very fit person...so while my husband doesn't care either, I totally understand how you get to feel a little uncomfortable with yourself when that scale starts to creep up. I just feel weighed down.

And the really funny thing is that I start taking a yoga teacher training program in a week...so that should whip me right back into shape.:)

Have fun reclaiming that strong, healthy body.

Bright Blessings!