Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A New Day


The sun is peaking out from amongst the clouds today. A welcome sight after the events of the past few days! Alfred is still not home and does not when he'll be released or if his unit will still be sent to help with hurricane relief. It's a game of wait and see...

I have plenty to keep me busy here at home. There is always something to be done. I rolled up my sleeves and got to work scrubbing the stove top and burners. I dare say my stove now sparkles!

Looking around the house this morning I realized that for our living space we simply have too much stuff. So I will go through the house yet again to pare down our belongings and simplify. I want to clear out everything that is not useful, beautiful, and well-loved. I want to have a place for everything and have everything in its place...and get the family involved in keeping their things picked up.

That is part of my problem, too....everyone leaves their stuff laying about so before I can thoroughly clean I have to tidy up after every one else. It is very frustrating, but I am determined to conquer this problem! The stuff that is left out becomes mine and the kids will be given a job to get it back. If they don't care enough to want it back it will be trashed or donated to charity.

Sounds like a good plan to me!

2 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

I have that same problem at my house. No matter how much I remind them they leave their stuff everywhere. I like the idea of making them buy it back with chores and am going to start that tomorrow!

Ann said...

I have the same problem with just a husband and one 18 year old child at home!! Ugh! I've got to find someway to get them to keep after their own stuff! It's a work in progress!