Friday, September 05, 2008

The Last Days of Summer


There weather, while still quite warm, has been beautiful this week. It will only be a few more weeks before the air will turn crisp and cool. Each day I do an extra job or two as I clean so it is not overwhelming. I suppose that I am beginning my Autumn cleaning.

This morning while sitting outside enjoying the morning air I saw a hummingbird in the top of one of our trees. It's the first I've seen since we moved here! We also have our third set of woodpeckers in one particular tree in the front yard. The baby was raising a ruckus waiting to be fed and I could see his little head popping out of the hole in the tree. Nature is so beautiful and wonderful!

I am enjoying reading Twilight. I've made it to chapter 11 (page 214....only 284 to go:). My next book is Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I already have it from the library so I've got to finish them within 2 weeks, but I think I can do it. I'll finish Twilight over the weekend. Who knew vampires could be so fascinating?

I have a full day ahead and I'm tired (I've been staying up late reading!!), so I will close for now. Hope you have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Laura B. said...

I loved Eat, Pray, Love. Enjoy!

Sacred Suzie said...

Autumn brings us so many treasures, I love the sound of that baby bird story and all the nature around you.

I have heard so much about Twilight! I really want to read it and have been on a waiting list at my library for months. I'd like to buy it but can't afford it. I love vampires, I was really big into Buffy for a long, long time.

I have Eat, Pray, Love too and am going to get back into it soon!