Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Homemaking Journal for Autumn


Inspired by Laurie and Paula, I decided today to create my own homemaking journal using bits of this and that, things I already had on hand.

I covered a composition notebook with strawberry fabric. I glued it down with Modge Podge. I used pink cardstock and stickers to fancy it up a bit.

I took favorite pictures cut out from magazines and pasted them onto the pages to add a little decorative touch.


On the left is the inside cover with my daily/weekly duties written out on index cards and pasted in with a glue stick. On the right is the first page of my homemaking journal with various bits and bobs about my day. I added my own little illustrations - color pencils are best though so it doesn't bleed through.

I am looking forward to making one with each passing season. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

What a great idea and yours turned out so pretty! I'm going to have to make one for myself.

Sacred Suzie said...

What a cool and very beautiful idea! I have no idea what I would put in mine but then again, I have been having a hard time taking care of my new home. I hope this changes soon.

Lady Laurie said...

I love how you are going to do one for each season ~ thats a great idea! I just hope I can keep up with mine, I tend to get lazy when it comes to journals. I used a composition notebook too, if I used anything fancy I wouldn't want to write in it!