Thursday, September 04, 2008

Expanding Horizons


My leg muscles are sore this morning, but it feels good knowing I am taking action to become less fluffy. I'll be working my abs today. No pain, no gain...

I puttered around the house yesterday vacuuming couch cushions, cleaning the kitchen window and clearing my window sill. I cooked a roast all day in the crock pot for dinner. I hemmed the curtains that cover my sliding glass door by hand, then washed them. I washed a few cabinet door fronts. Tackling all those nagging little jobs that often get pushed to the bottom of the list.

I started reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer last night. You know, that book that everyone is raving about? It started kinda slow for me, but it's picking up. I finally had to just put the book down (at 12:30am) and go to sleep or else I'd just keep reading. But I look forward to picking up where I left off. I am anxious to see what happens next! It's not a book I would typically choose to read, but this is a time of growth and learning for me.

I'm expanding my horizons.

1 comment:

Sandcastle Momma said...

I'm jealous of your drive to work out! I tend to look in the mirror, realize how fat I've gotten and then go eat more pound cake LOL Good for you!