Thursday, September 25, 2008

An Autumn Meme


When does fall begin for you? When there is a nip in the air.

What is your favorite aspect of fall? I love that it is cool enough to do lots of baking and make more soups, stews, and chili.

What is your favorite fall memory? The wonderful Halloween parties Mama would put on for us and our neighborhood friends.

What do you like to drink in the fall? I love hot chocolate with marshmallows!

What's your favorite fall food? I love meaty stews and soups, hot muffins and warm breads, cinnamon donuts, apples, crisps, cobblers, and cinnamon rolls...

What is fall weather like where you live? Blue skies and the leaves begin to turn brown before falling off the trees.

What color is fall? Browns, Gray, Forest Green, Red/Burgundy, Orange, Sun Yellow...

What does fall smell like? Apples, cinnamon, smoke, and straw.

Holiday shopping in fall: yes or no? Not really... I think about it and then I wait until the last minute.

If you could go anywhere in the fall, where would you go? Virginia, Vermont, Connecticut, Tennessee....somewhere lovely with the autumn foliage.

What is your favorite fall sport? Napping? I'm not a sports girl....

Do you have a favorite fall chore? I like putting out the autumn decorations, organizing, baking...

What is your least favorite thing about fall? I always seem to be cold!

What is your favorite fall holiday? Oh, I like both Halloween and Thanksgiving.

What's your favorite kind of pie? Chocolate pie topped with cool whip and crushed peppermints....yummy!

Which do you prefer, the Farm or the Fair? I've only ever been to the county fair. I'd like to try the farm.

Do you have a favorite fall book? None that I can think of. I'll have to find an Autumn book now!

How about a favorite fall poem or quote?

Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.

~Emily Bronte

I hope you enjoyed this meme!

Happy Fall!

No comments: