Monday, September 01, 2008

All is Well


The worst has passed and, thankfully, it was not nearly as bad as expected! We still have some rain and gusty winds lingering along with tornado warnings. But the birds are now out and the sky is brightening up a bit.

We still don't know if Alfred will be home this evening or not. Ever since he was deployed to Iraq for 14 months, neither of us likes to be apart for long. It was pretty traumatic, not only for him, but for me and the kids. So we try not to take each other for granted because no one can tell what the future holds.

But anyway....I want to say thank you to all of you who sent good thoughts and prayers our way!

6 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Glad to hear ya'll are ok!
It's storming here - we're getting those outer bands but nothing serious - mainly wind and rain.

We're praying for Alfred and hope he's back home soon.

Ann said...

Equally glad to hear all is well!

Me said...

I am glad.

Sandcastle Momma said...

Just checking on you.
I wanted you to know that even if Alfred is gone you aren't alone!

Sacred Suzie said...

I am so happy to hear that the hurricane wasn't as bad as expected and hope he comes home soon.

I still can't believe how long they can be deployed where you are, I would have changed my mind about us joining the military, that is way too long. Here it's six months tops and that seems like forever Tracy! I'm so sorry you were apart that long, that just isn't right.

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh and now you can really plan your Halloween party! Yay!