Saturday, August 30, 2008

Waiting...and a mini rant


I'm as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof.....waiting to see how bad Gustav is going to get and where he's going. It doesn't help that Alfred's unit moved their weekend drill to this weekend to get them ready to be activated after the storm. I don't do well in crises situations and I need him here with me!

Yesterday I stopped at a gas station to fill up my car. They were out of gas, so I had to drive to another one. Gas prices have already jumped $0.20+ cents per gallon & Gustav isn't even in the Gulf yet. It is ridiculous! Ever since Ivan I have severely limited my driving because I don't want to pay anymore for gas than I have to. Most weeks I don't use over a quarter of a tank of gas. I don't see that changing any time soon...

On a brighter note, at least the sun is shining here today. I have a little more housework to do and I need to run to the store to pick up a few more things to tide us over until after the storm and check the mail at the post office before it closes at noon. Gustav will pass and in a few more months hurricane season will end and life will get back to normal.

All is well.

3 comments:

Me said...

I am thankful that I do not have to deal with hurricanes.

mrsb said...

I'll say a prayer for the safety of your home and family.

Take care!

Sandcastle Momma said...

Sometimes I think the waiting is the worst part. It looks like we'll get lucky on this one but those poor folks in New Orleans and the surrounding area must be terrified.

I'm sending out prayers for all of us!