Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thomas


This is one of the last pictures I took of Thomas the Wild Cat. I had spent 2-3 months feeding him and talking to him...and he was growing braver. He would get as close as a few feet away from me. I was hoping he would eventually trust me enough to let me care for him and love him. I felt that given enough time and patience, it would eventually happen.

But it was not to be.

One day Kendall had a friend over and he chased my Thomas. I have no idea what possessed him to do such a thing. He is normally not like that. My guess is he was trying to show off because his friend was here? I would not have even known if Kenzie hadn't come told me what happened. But Thomas ran as fast as he could to get away. I have seen him only once since that day.

He has never returned.

My heart breaks for that little orange wild cat. I wonder if he is okay. Does he have food? All of the time, patience, and trust built over that time was gone in a heart beat. I still look for him, hoping one day he will return...

3 comments:

VitaminSea said...

Hi, I'm here via Sandcastle Momma's site. :)
I really liked the photo below of the bedroom with the stars across the top of the headboard, and since I've been looking for ideas for our bedroom or guestroom, I saved the photo for inspiration. We must have similar tastes!

I hope Thomas returns, it sounds like you were taking good care of him. Hopefully he'll come back when he's really hungry again!

Sacred Suzie said...

Oh how sad! It's amazing how trust can instantly be destroyed by one moment of fear after all those days of encouragement. You never know, perhaps he will return again?

Sandcastle Momma said...

Oh I hope Thomas returns! I think he's just hiding out and will return soon. Maybe leave his food out closer to the woods again?
It'll probably take a while but you'll build his trust again.

I nominated you for an award on my site. Come on over and grab it if you'd like!