Monday, August 25, 2008

Simple Dinners


I made a very simple dinner tonight which got great raves from even the pickiest eaters. It all started with three chicken breasts which I boiled until thoroughly cooked and the meat was falling off the bones. I picked out the bones and trimmed the fat and skin and shredded the meat.

Next I cooked a pot of rice, chicken gravy with the help of a dry mix, and a can of spinach. But the piece de resistance was the Plain Cheap Muffins made from scratch. They turned out light and tasty. If you need an quick and easy bread to accompany a meal, this is it!

The leftover chicken (after I pack Alfred's lunch) will make a fabulous chicken salad for lunch sandwiches. Any leftover muffins can be used with breakfast with a little butter and jam. Great ways to stretch meals and reduce food expenses.

From my kitchen to yours...

1 comment:

Lady Laurie said...

Yum, I'm a sucker for chicken gravy. Thanks for the muffin recipe!